Performance at Limmud Johannesburg

The performance of "A Bis'l Libe" with guitarist Avi Levy at Limmud Jo'burg this past weekend was as moving for the viewers and for me as the songs themselves. I was humbled by the reactions from the viewers, young and old. Older viewers brought me to tears as they sung along. Younger viewers felt compelled to move to music unfamiliar perhaps, but very much a part of their DNA. In the picture below, my son Benjamin and his friend Adam Roth, both 4 years old, couldn't help but move to the music of "Abi Gezunt" (As Long as You're Healthy). During "Hopkele" everyone was on their feet and jumping whenever I sang the word "hop". What fun. As one viewer said, "I cried, I laughed and I danced". I can't wait to do it all again at Limmud Cape Town this coming weekend. A Bis'l Libe for everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts